COVID-19 Information

Latest Vaccination News

For general Covid vaccine information please visit: COVID-19 Mass Vaccination Programme - Cardiff and Vale University Health Board (

Western Vale Family Practice are not providing AUTUMN 23 Covid Boosters, if you are eligible, you will be contacted by the Cardiff and Vale Mass Vaccination Centre with an appointment.

If you have any queries regarding Covid vacination please contact the Cardiff and Vale UHB vaccination line on 029 21 841234 or by e-mailing 





If you would like further information regarding the mass vaccination programme see:

Programme Information - Cardiff and Vale University Health Board (

Or, contact the Cardiff and Vale University Health Board COVID Vaccination queries line - 029 21 841234 or email 

Please do not call the surgery, in order for us to keep our lines free for urgent healthcare problems.



Advice & Information


Welsh Government website

Includes frequently asked questions.




If you are worried about symptoms of Coronavirus you should:

  • Only call 111 or the Practice if the symptom checker advises you to
  • If your symptoms do not improve after 7 days, or your symptoms deteriorate, please telephone the Practice during opening hours or 111 when we are closed.
  • Contact 999 for all Medical Emergencies.

Please do not attend your GP surgery, community pharmacy, or A&E department if you have any symptoms of Coronavirus, to continue to stop the spread of infection.



Recovering from Covid

Whether you are recovering from COVID-19 after spending time in hospital or being isolated at home, or if you have been unable to access care and support for your health condition during lockdown, the following information gives guidance on how you can manage your recovery, understand and identify the side-effects, and know when you should access further support.


Further information can be found on the Welsh Government guidance website.