The team at Western Vale Family Practice are proud to offer high standards of patient-centred healthcare.
We are a friendly, caring and forward thinking Practice. We provide primary care services to a patient population of over 12,700 patients across the Western Vale of Glamorgan. We also undertake the vocational training of General Practitioners, Pharmacists and Medical Students
Our main site, which is also our administrative centre, is in the purpose developed Health Centre in Cowbridge and we have branch surgeries in Llantwit Major Health Centre and St Athan. We offer a range of NHS and Private services in the Practice via our multidisciplinary and highly skilled team.
We currently have
- five GP Partners
- three Salaried GPs
- two Nurse Practitioners
- three Practice Nurses
- a Health Care Support Worker
- a Cluster and Practice Pharmacist
- Cluster Mental Health Worker and Physiotherapist.
- We also employ around 20 members of staff across Management, Administrative and Reception areas.
As a team member, you will work as part of an established and supportive team undertaking a range of duties with excellent opportunities for continued professional development, mentorship and support your career and/or specialist interests.
As a Practice we aim to ensure that staff are appropriately trained and confident in the work they do and we provide opportunities to continuously learn, develop and gain job satisfaction.
As a practice we have much to be proud of in terms of the services we offer to local community, in addition:
- We won South Wales GP Practice of the Year 2023
- We support patients to live independently at home for as long as possible, through our Care at Home scheme working with District Nurses, community support and social services.
- We offer a specialist Community Memory Clinic and are active participants in community initiatives such as Dementia Friendly communities.
- We have been given silver accreditation via the Vale Local Authority for the support we provide to unpaid Carers.
- We actively support children’s wellbeing in the local community, through sponsorship of football and rugby kits and training equipment.
NO VACANCIES AT PRESENT