Suggestions & Complaints

Providing Feedback/Raising a Concern

If you would like to provide feedback or have a concern about the service you have received from the Doctors, or any of the team working at Western Vale Family Practice, please let us know as soon as possible, by either talking directly to the person involved, asking to speak to the Reception Manager, or the Practice Manager. 

We will:

  • Listen to your comments and concerns
  • Consider feedback and take appropriate action
  • Try and resolve any concerns as quickly as possible
  • Put you in contact with the right person to help you further.

Formal Complaints

Putting things Right

We hope that most problems can be resolved easily and quickly.

If your problem cannot be resolved in this way and you wish to make a formal complaint, it should be addressed to:

Mrs Rhian Floyd, Practice Manager
Tel: 01446 772383

Postal Address:
Cowbridge Health Centre
The Broad Shoard
CF71 7DA

We will acknowledge your complaint within two working days and aim to have responded within 30 working days. When we look into your complaint, we aim to:

  • Find out what happened and why
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned (if you would like this)
  • Make sure you receive an apology (where this is appropriate)
  • Identify what we can do to learn from the event and make sure the problem does not happen again.

Medical records
We take confidentiality seriously, and it is important for you to know that in order to investigate your concern we may need to access your medical records. If you are not happy with this, then you must inform us immediately. Please be assured that only people immediately dealing with the investigation will be able to look at your notes.

Complaining On Behalf Of Someone Else
If you wish to raise a concern or complaint on behalf of a relative or friend, we will listen but we would not be able to share any clinical information with you unless we have the patients consent (if they have capacity).


Complaining to the Health Board
If you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us, or if you are dissatisfied with the result of our response. You can contact:

Cardiff and Vale UHB

Woodland House

Maes Y Coed Rd



CF14 4TT

Tel: 029 20 747747 or 029 21846340

Cardiff and Vale University Health Board Concerns Team

  • 029 218 36318 
  • 029 218 36319
  • 029 218 36323 
  • 029 218 36340

E-mail the team at 


You can also contact the Public Services Ombudsman if you are not satisfied with our investigation

Tel: 0300 790 0203


Advice and Support
If you wish to speak with someone independent of the Practice, or if you would like support with processing your concern/complaint, you may wish to speak with LLAIS, who act as the patient watchdog and can guide you through the complaints process.

WebsiteCardiff & The Vale | LLais (

Tel: 029 20 750112


Want to make a complaint?

We make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice.

However, we are aware that things can go wrong resulting in a patient feeling that they have a genuine cause for complaint. If this is so, we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.

To pursue a complaint please complete this form and the Practice Manager will deal with your concerns appropriately. 

Want to make a suggestion to the practice?

Your comments and suggestions are important to us, please click on the 'Suggestions Form' link, complete the form to send them to us.

Please note : only use this form for comments about the practice and suggestions as to how we can improve our service to you.

Medical matters and official complaints cannot be dealt with via this form. If you have a query regarding a medical matter please telephone reception to make an appointment to see the appropriate person.